At SwiftMed we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of any personally identifiable information you provide us with. Personally identifiable information is information that can be linked to a specific individual, and includes, but is not limited to, your name, address, phone number, email address and date of birth.
At the core of the Privacy Act are 12 information privacy principles that set out how agencies may collect, store, use and disclose personal information.
- Principles 1, 2, 3 & 4 govern the collection of personal information. This includes the reasons why personal information may be collected, where it may be collected from, and how it is collected.
- Principle 5 governs the way personal information is stored. It is designed to protect personal information from unauthorised use or disclosure.
- Principles 6 & 7 give individuals the right to access and to correct information about themselves.
- Principles 8, 9, 10 & 11 place restrictions on how people and organisations can use or disclose personal information. These include ensuring information is accurate and up-to-date, and that it isn’t improperly disclosed.
- Principle 12 governs how “unique identifiers” – driver’s licence and passport numbers – can be used.
Questions regarding this policy should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We only record personally identifiable information and other information that we reasonably require to do business with you. On all SwiftMed pages that collect personally identifiable information, we describe what information is required in order to provide you with the product or service you request. In an effort to keep our service as simple and easy as possible, we create and store profiles for all our users. We also create a unique identifier for each profile for our sole internal use.
We collect personally identifiable information when you register to fulfil the legal and technical requirements of delivering our service. This information is available to you when logged in within your profile editor.
If you do not provide the information we ask for we may not be able to provide our services to you.
We do not collect or store your credit card information. For your security and peace of mind we use PayPal to handle the payment of our booking and prescription fees. Your financial details are securely managed by PayPal in accordance with their policies.
We may collect personally identifiable information such as your name, email address and/or telephone number whenever you contact us.
When you visit our site, we record general information about your visit for statistical purposes. These statistics do not contain any personally identifiable information.
We use “cookies” to store your preferences, record session information and collect information on how you visit and access our web pages. This helps us deliver and continue to improve our services. Cookies are small pieces of information that a web page transfers to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. Cookies make the web more useful by storing information about your preferences on a particular site. Cookies in and of themselves do not personally identify you, only your computer. You can delete cookies from your computer at any time.
We provide facilities for doctors using the system to both record and view medical notes. Video consultations are not visually recorded, however SwiftMed doctors will document clinical notes about any consultation(s) conducted with you.
- We only use your personal identifiable information for the purpose of providing our services and communicating with you in relation to those services, such as delivering your online orders or responding to your enquiries.
- We send email appointment information unless specifically requested not to do so.
- We send email invoices and receipts unless specifically requested not to do so.
- We may use your email address and/or telephone number(s) to contact you in relation to enquiries or during a consultation subject to technology failure.
We do not disclose information to anyone except the treating SwiftMed doctor, your nominated GP (if any) and you. We send personally identifiable information and encoded transaction identifiers to our payment services provider to facilitate the transaction.
We may be required by law to disclose information you provide us with for the purposes of obtaining products or services. We may also disclose information about someone whose activities could cause harm to themselves or others (ie fraud).
Other than in the circumstances outlined above the information you supply to us remains stored confidentially on our secure servers. We do not sell or rent your information to third parties, however we do use other companies and individuals to assist us with operating SwiftMed.
Once you are logged on your profile editor pages provide you with the ability to update your information, set preferences, see your booking history and cancel bookings. Within your secure account you will also find a link of previous medication orders that provides a record of your medication history with SwiftMed.
You are free to delete your profile at any time, however you should note that while this will render your information invisible to the general user system we are required by law to retain an audit trail. You have the right to unsubscribe from our email service at any time. Simply email us with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line if you do not want to be contacted again through this method.
If at any time you want to inquire about any of the personally identifiable information that we store about you, or to request any amendment or correction to that information, please contact us and we can provide that to you unless we think disclosure would prejudice your physical or mental health, or would be an unwarranted disclosure of someone else’s right to privacy.
To ensure the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information, we use industry standard security technology and procedures.
When you send personally identifiable information to us over the Internet, your data is protected by state of the art encrypted Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This is the same technology used to secure Internet Banking transactions. We use transaction logging to provide a robust administrative audit trail.